Wonders Of Fiber In Diet
Introduction And Background
When we consider nutrients, we are often talking about carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We also remember vitamins and minerals as an essentiality but very rarely does anybody specially look out for fiber in their diets. Those who have digestion problems are told by the doctor to do so but other than that, we often ignore the wonders of fiber in diet. This article will help you to recognize most of them and will tell you about the importance of having fiber in your diet so that you do not ignore this nutrient from now onwards. Read on further to enhance your knowledge on the wonder that is fiber!
What Is Fiber?
Fiber is actually not a different nutrient altogether but is part of the carbohydrate family. It is actually a carbohydrate that the body cannot digest and absorb (sort of like cellulose), it needs to be removed. It cannot be broken down and digested like other sugars and has to be taken out of the body undigested. Sadly enough, not many realize this and the dietary daily amount of fiber are not acquired by many individuals. Itâ€™s time that you are told how good for you it is.
Benefits Of Fiber
Since you have been told that fiber is a wonder nutrient and has great benefits for you if you take it in your diet, it is time to tell you what the benefits exactly are:
- The first and foremost benefit of having fiber in the diet is the ease in peristalsis and bowel movements. To have normal bowel movements is important as without it a lot of problems can occur, one of them being constipation. For those of you who have had constipation, they would know truly the pain behind it and the wonderful essence that fiber would bring to their diet to remove it.
- The feces that you release is also more thick and easier to pass if it has fiber in it. And of course, it can only have fiber in it if you have taken it in your diet!
- It is a fact that fiber lowers body cholesterol levels and that those who are facing cholesterol problems are told to take in a lot of fiber in their diet. In fact, they are told to start the day with fiber by having a whole wheat cereal!
- Blood sugar levels are also controlled by fiber.
- Many people know that the real deal with weight loss is appetite suppression and a lesser calorie intake and almost everyone knows that is only possible if you have fiber in your diet. A lot of dieters take the benefit of fiber and control their raging appetite as well as expressing a control over their calorie intake as fiber is undigested, unabsorbed in the body.
- If you do not take in enough fiber in your diet, toxicity levels are increased which only implies that fiber is also helpful in getting rid of the toxic effects. It acts as an antioxidant.
- Immune system is boosted by fiber and most people have expressed that they have a new spring to their step and the gut is relatively at peace if they have enough fiber in their daily intake of food.
- It also reduced the risk of many diseases such as obesity for one, cholesterol levels as well as coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis. It also reduces the risk of colon cancer!
Foods That Are Rich In Fiber
There are numerous foods that are rich in fiber but here is a list of some of the major ones which you should definitely include in your diet if they arenâ€™t already included. As you can tell by now, fiber is very important for a healthy daily life.
- Bran has a lot of fiber in it. If you are eating bread, get bran bread and if you are used to eating buns too get bran buns. Luckily, there are many things available in bran.
- Whole wheat is also the way to go and man whole wheat biscuits also contain a lot of fiber.
- Beans and legumes are also high in fiber.
- Many fruits have a high fiber content include pulpy oranges as well as apples.
- Most vegetables, especially green leafy ones, have a high fiber content.
Since you are well aware of the wonders of fiber in diet, it is time that you make an effort to actually include fiber in your diet! Do not just do it for yourself but help out your family and friends as well, especially your family as if you get them on fiber that means you all will be eating a lot of it altogether, making the job easier and naturally benefiting everyone from it. Donâ€™t dawdle, get into it now!
Write a Comment